Evaluate your red meat intake
In January, ask yourself: How might altering my red meat meal choices lead to improving the environment?
Begin this challenge by examining the diagram below with 12 reasons to cut back on eating beef, then choose from the activities below or come up with another action of your own.
12 Reasons to cut back on eating beef
- Insulate factory farm workers from unjust conditions
- Conserve the rainforests; reduce deforestation
- Protect water purity
- Reduce methane emissions
- Stop desertification
- Avoid water waste
- Stop starvation with more grain crops
- Protect and increase biodiversity
- Curtail antibiotic resistance
- Decrease soil degradation
- Protect irreplaceable ecosystems
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions
Take the Eco-Challenge
Which actions can you take to reduce your consumption of red meat?