CLEAN Future ACT
HR 1512, The Climate Leadership and Environmental Action for our Nation’s (CLEAN) Future Act, introduced by Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.), aims to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 in concert with the target identified by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to limit temperature increases to 1.5°C. These goals aim to avoid the most catastrophic consequences of climate change. Contact your Representatives and ask them to support this act using the tool below.
The CLEAN Future Act includes measures such as:
- Cutting greenhouse gas emissions to 50% below 2005 levels by 2030 or sooner
- Requiring all retail electric providers to generate 100% of their power from zero-emissions resources by 2035 and 80% by 2030
- Expanding electric vehicle infrastructure, transportation electrification, environmental justice and economic transition for fossil fuel workers
- Providing improved efficiency measures by setting new target energy efficiency standards
- Promoting environmental justice through the provision of information and training and various grants.
- Establishing post-consumer recycled content standards for certain products, standardizing recycling labels and creating multiple grant programs.
- Requiring the federal energy regulatory commission to update U.S. transmission policy in order to better integrate renewables onto the grid and direct greater investment in energy storage, microgrids, distributed energy resources and more.
- Including major changes to the Federal Power Act (FPA) and the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act (PURPA).
- Bringing the power sector to 100% carbon-free power by 2035
Promoting the modernization of recycling and waste management and aims to reduce waste generation.
Contact Your Representatives